Microsoft word - marijana_resume09a.doc
215 W 90TH ST PH-E | NEW YORK CITY 10024 | 917.415.1361 | email@example.com | www.sarichdesign.com
M A R I J A N A S A R I C H
CREATIVE DESIGN/ART DIRECTOR
• Accomplished award-winning creative art/design director with strong branding that strengthened
clients’ market distinction, including Boniva w/Sally Field, Falcon Jet and The Art of Shaving.
• Proven teamplayer who thrives on creating or revitalizing brands/campaigns, within agencies,
design firms or directly with clients/proprietors.
• Combined 15 years of meticulous hands-on or managerial experience with Graphic Design degree.
Brand Identity | CRM/Direct Mail | Packaging | Campaign Development |Print to Interactive | 360 P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
| NYC | MAY>NOV 08 | SENIOR ART DIRECTOR/DESIGNER
Concepts and design direction expanded existing or won new campaigns for agency’s Pharma clients.
• Elevated corporate client reviews and relationships by resolving different brand identities to a unified system
for both their consumer and professional agencies.
• Lead creative and onsite-presenter to consumer, professional, and corporate teams. Awarded design and
implementation direction of new brand personality and system for Enablex’s print, CRM, and interactive.
• Col aborated to re-fresh existing strategy into finalist creative direction for Actonel’s TV campaign.
• Co-creative campaign and brand concepts resulting in final chosen direction for both Zostavax and Effient.
C L I E N T S | Novartis: Enablex | Merck: Zostavax, Gardasil | Proctor & Gamble: Actonel | Eli Lil y: Effient SAATCHI & SAATCHI CONSUMER HEALTHCARE
| NYC | 04>JUNE 07 | V.P. ART SUPERVISOR
Creative col aborator with cross-functional teams led agency to “DTC Pharma Agency of the Year” two years
in a row. Brought innovative branding tone and manner style to the Pharma DTC/CRM categories with fresh
and empowering visuals, resulting in increased sales and adherence.
• Generated $3M in new revenue by offering clients Brand Identity-Architecture and Style Guides services
distributed to external agencies/vendors for AstraZeneca Corporate, Seroquel, Pulmicort, Enbrel and Boniva.
• Directed Boniva launch: shot Sally Field
to reflect brand personality and style for print, CRM and Web.
• Co-art directed Enbrel print/CRM $1.5M photo library: photo shoots, casting, scouting, styling, with team
of 20 at numerous locations.
• Developed agencies first integrated professional and consumer brand campaign for Pulmicort Respules
(Children’s Asthma) achieving 1st place in Best Branded Print, PhAME Awards ‘07.
• Contributed to win of $30M in new business for Ameriprise Financial along with Saatchi & Saatchi NY:
Concepted Art Direction of consumer magazine and produced CRM launch for employee kick-off CD
box series, screen savers and col ateral.
• Orchestrated internal “best practices” to include “brand design”, elevating client reviews and relationships.
• Chaired internal commit ees and projects to mentor junior talents and promote excel ence.
C L I E N T S | AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals: Seroquel, Crestor, Pulmicort, AstraZeneca Corporate, AZ&Me
Amgen/Wyeth: Enbrel | Roche/GSK: Boniva | Frontline Dogs/Cats | CibaVision | Ameriprise Financial COSSETTE POST
| NYC | 93>04 | Associate Design Director
Primary creative force from start-up and growth to 80 employees of successful mid-size integrated agency.
• Created entire Dassault Falcon Jet branding—luxury business jets: national print, col ateral systems,
direct mail, premiums, web banners and site direction to design/art direction of quarterly corporate
magazine for 5 years generating $1M new revenues annually for the CRM department.
• Orchestrated innovative “Brand Materials Instal ation Guide” for US Coast Guard’s 140 recruitment
offices: deliverable of re-branding to exteriors, windows, reception area, overall interior space and
personal desktop items with posters, signage, sidewalk mats, screen savers plus much more.
• Developed IRS E-File identity and concepted TV spots.
• Creative col aborator on campaign and re-branding of Caché Stores print and Web.
• Generated revenue by producing projects in-house with hands-on approach, as wel as go on-press.
C L I E N T S | Dassault Falcon Jet | Caché Stores | US Coast Guard | IRS E-File | TD Waterhouse
THE ART OF SHAVING
| NYC | 96>07 | CO-CREATIVE DIRECTOR
On-going primary creative force with the founders since start-up of this highly successful men’s luxury
grooming products and shops.
• Co-created entire brand identity: logo, style guide, catalogs, luxury packaging,in-store posters, CRM
and Web site—as wel as design/produce all communications.
• Recommended outside marketing expertise to capture insightful product cross-sel strategies resulting in
“The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave” campaign increasing sales. THE TRUMP ORGANIZATION
| NYC | 89>90 | DESIGN DIRECTOR
The Trump Shut le Airline–-Commissioned through an agency and created entire identity system from logo,
planes, airline check-in areas, service trucks to print and communications. Presented to Donald Trump. Earlier experience shortlist
| NYC | 87>93 | GRAPHIC DESIGNER
LINTAS | IBM | Launched IBM Laser Printer campaign and col ateral.
SCHECHTER GROUP | Sterling Winthrop | Novon | Corp ID systems–manuals.
LIPPINCOTT & MARGULIES | Marsh McLennan | AT&T | Corp ID system–manuals.
ANSPACH GROSSMAN PORTUGAL | Kmart | Firm’s first digital Corp ID manual.
AMERICAN STOCK EXCHANGE | In-house corporate and numerous clients’ graphics | Directed 6 staffers.
DESOLA GROUP | Citibank | Chase | CIT Financial Group | American Express | Corp ID systems–manuals.
M E R I T S
• PhAME Awards ‘07 |1st place: Best Branded Print Ad—Pulmicort Respules
• DTC Perspectives ‘07 |3rd place: Best Use of PR in a DTC Campaign, Sal y Field—Boniva
• Book profile segment of my career path in “Life Is But A Dream”
E D U C A T I O N
• AAS Graphic Design, Mt.Hood Col ege, Portland OR.
A S S O C I A T I O N S
Croatian New Yorker Club, LinkedIn
S K I L L S
• Impeccable fundamentals in design, color, typography and imagery.
• Quark, In-Design, Il ustrator, Photoshop, Flash, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Web apps.
O T H E R
• Lived/worked in France, understands French.
• Creating book Chats et Chateaux due out in France.
• Loves travel, spent many summers in South of France and Croatia.
• Based in New York City, raised in California and Oregon.
Double-Blind Placebo Controlled Crossover Study of ClotrimazoleWeek for Six Weeks in the Treatment of Rheumatoid ArthritisClotrimazole has a broad spectrum of anti-mycotic activity andwas developed clinically for its control of fungal infections,pathogenic for animals and man. The drug was developed as an agentby Bayer Laboratories from a screening program involving more than900 substituted
Marta Rendon, MD,a Mark Berneburg, MD,b Ivonne Arellano, MD,c and Mauro Picardo, MDd¨bingen, Germany; Mexico City, Mexico; and Rome, ItalyTreatment of melasma involves the use of a range of topical depigmenting agents and physical therapies. Varying degrees of success have been achieved with these therapies. The Pigmentary Disorders Academy(PDA) undertook to evaluate the clinical efficacy of th