PIL Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg
Farbe: Pantone Reflex Blue U PACKAGE LEAFLET:
Make sure to tell your doctor if you are taking any of
INFORMATION FOR THE USER
the following medicines, as special care may be
Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg
- medicines used for heart rhythm problems (e.g.
quinidine, hydroquinidine, disopyramide, amio-
Prolonged-release Tablets darone, sotalol, ibutilide, dofetilide, digitalis),
- medicines used to treat mental disorders such as
depression, anxiety, schizophrenia (e.g. tricyclic
antidepressants, antipsychotic drugs, neurolep-
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine.
- bepridil (used to treat angina pectoris, a condition
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it
- cisapride (used to treat reduced movement of the
- If you have any further questions, ask your
- diphemanil (used to treat gastric problems such
as ulcers, too much acid, overactive digestive
- This medicine has been prescribed for you. Do
not pass it on to others. It may harm them,
- sparfloxacin, moxifloxacin (antibiotics used to
even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
- If any of the side effects get serious, or if you
- halofantrine (antiparasitic drugs used to treat
notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet,
please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- pentamidine (used to treat certain types of pneu-
- mizolastine (used to treat allergic reactions, such
1. What Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg is and what it is used for
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for pain
relief (e.g. ibuprofen) or high doses of acetylsali-
- angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
(used to treat high blood pressure and heart
- oral corticosteroids used to treat various condi-
1. WHAT LORVACS XL 1.5 MG IS AND WHAT IT
tions including severe asthma and rheumatoid
IS USED FOR
This medicine is intended to reduce high blood - baclofen (to treat muscle stiffness occurring in
It is a prolonged-release tablet containing indapa- - potassium-sparing diuretics (amiloride, spirono-
Indapamide is a diuretic. Most diuretics increase - metformin (to treat diabetes),
the amount of urine produced by the kidneys.
- iodinated contrast media (used for tests involving
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE LORVACS XL 1.5 MG
- calcium tablets or other calcium supplements,
Do not take Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg
- ciclosporin, tacrolimus or other medicines to
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to indapamide
depress the immune system after organ trans-
or any other sulphonamide or to any of the other
plantation, to treat autoimmune diseases, or
severe rheumatic or dermatological diseases,
- tetracosactide (to treat Crohn’s disease).
- if you have severe liver disease or suffer from a Pregnancy and breast-feeding
condition called hepatic encephalopathy (liver Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before
problems which affect the brain and central taking any medicine.
This medicine is not recommended during pregnan-
- if you have low potassium levels in your blood.
cy. When a pregnancy is planned or confirmed, the
Take special care with Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg
switch to an alternative treatment should be initia-
ted as soon as possible. Please tell your doctor if
you are pregnant or wish to become pregnant. The
active ingredient is excreted in milk. Breastfeeding
- if you have any heart rhythm problems or pro- is not advisable if you are taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
- if you need to have a test to check how well your This medicine can cause side effects such as
dizziness or tiredness due to lowering of the blood
You should tell your doctor if you have had photo- pressure (see section 4). These side effects are
more likely to occur after initiation of the treatment
Your doctor may give you blood tests to check for and after dose increases. If this occurs, you should
low sodium or potassium levels or high calcium refrain from driving and other activities requiring
If you think any of these situations may apply to you Important information about some of the ingre-
or you have any questions or doubts about taking dients of Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg
your medicine, you should consult your doctor or This medicine contains lactose monohydrate. If you
have been told by your doctor that you have an
Athletes should be aware that this medicine contains intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor
an active ingredient, which may give a positive before taking this medicinal product.
reaction in doping tests. Taking other medicines 3. HOW TO TAKE LORVACS XL 1.5 MG
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are
Always take Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg exactly as your
taking or have recently taken any other medici-
doctor has told you. You should check with your
nes, including medicines obtained without a
doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
You should not take Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg with lithium The usual dose is one tablet each day, preferably
(used to treat depression) due to the risk of increa- in the morning. The tablets can be taken with or
without food. They should be swallowed whole
LOCATION : Indrad COUNTRY : UK Supersedes A / W No.: : 150 x 300 mm_Front Side CODE : 8026619-9703 DATE : 25-01-2011 SUBSTRATE : Activities Department Signature
Prepared By Pkg.Dev
Reviewed By Pkg.Dev
Reviewed By RA
Approved By CQA This colour proof is not colour binding. Follow Pantone shade reference for actual colour matching. PIL Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg
Farbe: Pantone Reflex Blue U
with water. Do not crush or chew them. Treatment ness, loss of appetite, weight gain and joint pain),
for high blood pressure is usually life-long.
this might get worse. Cases of photosensitivity
If you take more Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg than you reactions (change in skin appearance) after ex-
posure to the sun or artificial UVA have also been
If you have taken too many tablets, contact your reported.
Some changes may occur in your blood and your
A very large dose of Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg could cause doctor may need to give you blood tests to check
nausea (feeling sick), vomiting, low blood pressure, your condition. The following changes in your blood
cramps, dizziness, drowsiness, confusion and test results may occur:
changes in the amount of urine produced by the - low potassium in the blood,
- low sodium in the blood that may lead to dehydra-
If you forget to take Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg
If you forget to take a dose of your medicine, take - increase in uric acid, a substance which may
the next dose at the usual time. Do not take a dou-
cause or worsen gout - painful joint(s) especially
ble dose to make up for the forgotten dose.
- increase in blood glucose levels in diabetic pa-
If you stop taking Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg
As the treatment for high blood pressure is usually - increase of calcium in blood.
life-long, you should discuss with your doctor be-
fore stopping this medicinal product. If any of the side effects get serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this
If you have any further questions on the use of
leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist. 5. HOW TO STORE LORVACS XL 1.5 MG 4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Like all medicines, Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg can cause Do not use this medicine after the expiry data which
side effects, although not everybody gets them.
is stated on the carton and blister. The expiry date
refers to the last day of that month. Commonly (less than 1 patient in 10 but more This product does not require any special storage than 1 in 100):
- Low potassium in the blood, which may cause Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewa-
muscle weakness, allergic reactions, mainly der- ter or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to
dispose of medicines no longer required. These
Uncommonly (less than 1 patient in 100 but measures will help to protect the environment. more than 1 in 1000):
- Vomiting, purpura (red pinpoints on skin) in 6. FURTHER INFORMATION
subjects with a tendency to allergic and asthma-
What Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg contains Rarely (less than 1 patient in 1000 but more The active substance is indapamide. Each tablet than 1 in 10,000):
- Feeling of tiredness, dizziness, headache, pins The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate,
pregelatinised maize starch, hypromellose, silica
- Nausea (feeling sick), constipation, dry mouth;
colloidal anhydrous, magnesium stearate, macro-
- Increased risk of dehydration in the elderly and in gol 6000, titanium dioxide (E171).
patients suffering from heart failure. What Lorvacs XL 1.5 mg looks like and contents Very rarely (less than 1 patient in 10,000): of the pack
- Heart rhythm irregularities (causing palpitations, White to off-white, round shaped, biconvex, prolon-
feeling of the heart pounding), low blood pressure; ged-release film-coated tablets which come in
- Kidney disease (causing symptoms of tiredness, boxes of 10, 14, 15, 20, 30, 50, 60, 90 and 100. Not
increased need to urinate, itchy skin, feeling sick, all pack sizes may be marketed.
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas which
causes upper abdominal pain), abnormal liver Marketing Authorisation Holder and Manufac-
function (with symptoms such as tiredness, loss turer
of appetite, feeling or being sick, swollen extremi- Marketing Authorisation Holder
ties, yellow skin). In cases of liver failure, there is Torrent Pharma (UK) Ltd.
a possibility of getting hepatic encephalopathy Unit 4, Charlwood Court,
(liver problems which affect the brain and central County Oak Way
- Changes in blood cells, such as thrombocytope- West Sussex. RH11 7XA
nia (decrease in the number of platelets which United Kingdom
causes easy bruising and nasal bleeding), leuco- Manufacturer
penia (decrease in white blood cells which may
cause unexplained fever, soreness of the throat Torrent Pharma (UK) Ltd.
or other flu-like symptoms – if this occurs, contact Unit 4, Charlwood Court,
your doctor) and anaemia (decrease in red blood County Oak Way
- Angioedema and/or urticaria, severe skin mani- West Sussex. RH11 7XA
festations. Angioedema is characterised by United Kingdom
swelling of the skin around the eyes, lips, hands This leaflet was last approved in 01/2011.
or feet. It may cause swelling of the throat, tongue
or airways resulting in shortness of breath or dif- PL 36687/0001
ficulty in swallowing. If this occurs, contact your
If you suffer from systemic lupus erythematosus
(a disorder of the immune system leading to inflam-
mation and damage to the joints, tendons and
organs with symptoms including skin rashes, tired-
LOCATION : Indrad COUNTRY : UK Supersedes A /W No.: : 150 x 300 mm_Back Side CODE : 8026619-9703 DATE : 25-01-2011 REMARK : SUBSTRATE : Activities Department Name Signature
Prepared By Pkg.Dev Reviewed By Pkg.Dev Reviewed By RA
Approved By CQA This colour proof is not colour binding. Follow Pantone shade reference for actual colour matching.
MACCIA Life Member List MR. KESHAVLAL V PATEL MR. SUVARN R BANDEKAR MR. JAYRAM M NADKARNI MR. SHIVAPRASAD G DALVI MR. J M CHUDASAMA MR. SURENDRA C KALYANPUR MR. CHRIS LOW MR. M B SAWANT M/S MAHARASHTRA STATE ROAD TRANSPORT CORPORATION MR. SURESH B PATEL MR. VIKAS V DEODHAR MR. RAJAN VAGAL MRS. SUSHMA A DEODHAR MRS. MEENAL MOHADIKAR
Rede von Annette Widmann-Mauz Parlamentarische Staatssekretärin beim Bundesminister für Gesundheit Mitglied des Deutschen Bundestages „Pille danach“ anlässlich der Parlamentsdebatte am 13. Februar 2014 in Berlinwir debattieren heute über verschiedene Anträge der Oppositionsfraktionen mit dem Ziel, denArzneimittelwirkstoff Levonorgestrel – eine Variante der „Pil e dana