Italiano Farmacia on line: comprare cialis senza ricetta, acquistare viagra internet.
Available in Berry and Unsweetened/unflavored powders
By David Brady, ND, DC, CCN, DACBN & Suzanne Copp, MS
THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED FOR THE USE OF PHYSICIANS AND OTHER LICENSED HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONERS ONLY. THIS INFORMATION
IS INTENDED FOR PHYSICIANS AND OTHER LICENSED HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS TO USE AS A BASIS FOR DETERMINING WHETHER OR NOT TO
RECOMMEND THESE PRODUCTS TO THEIR PATIENTS. THIS MEDICAL AND SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION IS NOT FOR USE BY CONSUMERS. THE
DIETARY SUPPLEMENT PRODUCTS OFFERED BY DESIGNS FOR HEALTH ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CONSUMERS AS A MEANS TO CURE, TREAT,
PREVENT, DIAGNOSE, OR MITIGATE ANY DISEASE OR OTHER MEDICAL CONDITION.
is a combination of fibers derived from fruits, vegetables, roots, seeds, and
tree extracts with added friendly bacteria and prebiotics. This product was designed with
PaleoFiber ingredients -research
the features of the Paleolithic diet in mind, which is what human physiology is most likely
shows it supports:
PaleoFiber’s unique features:
• 12 types of fiber:
acacia gum, guar gum (from guar seeds), cellulose gum, carrot
fiber, cranberry and flax seeds, psyllium husk, apple pectin, orange and prune fiber
Management of IBS, diverticulitis, ulcer-
and two root fibers: inulin (from chicory root) and Konjac Glucomannan
• Free of non-paleolithic food extracts:
grains (wheat, oat or rice bran) or legumes
• gluten and lectin free
, low allergenicity
• free of phytates
(phytate fiber is found in grains, has an acid load and binds
minerals, which interferes with their absorption)
• Has significant antioxidant activity
from FIBREGUM TAN (a unique acacia
gum high in polyphenols) and cranberry seed powder (also high in polyphenols and anthocyanidins that give it its red color).
Lowering of total and LDL cholesterol &
• Negligible caloric value, no significant carbohydrate content (although fiber is
required to be listed as g of carbohydrates on food labels)
• A good balance of soluble and insoluble fibers
, with emphasis on soluble fiber
(which is very hard to get from common diets)
• Guaranteed purity: free of toxic contaminants
• Naturally flavored: no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors
Highlights on PaleoFiber ingredients:
This soluble fiber is an arabinogalactan from the acacia tree. It is a
prebiotic as it supports the growth of friendly bacteria, bifidobacteria and lactobacilli,
while it inhibits clostridium. This fiber is excellent for diabetics due to its antioxidant
abilities, and ability to lower glucose and insulin. It has a certified antioxidant capacity
of 39 ORAC units/g, due to its polyphenol content
(catechin, epicatechin, gallocatechin,
procyanidin). One study supplementing a 100g glucose load with 20g acacia gum per day
showed a reduction of 16% and 18% in average glucose levels and total glucose absorption
respectively. Also, insulin levels were reduced by 11%.
Cranberry seed powder:
This insoluble fiber has an even more impressive ORAC value
of 197, mostly due to its content of phenolics and anthocyanidins. Hydrobind Carrot fiber:
This insoluble fiber has a very high water
binding ability (18 times its weight and may improve diarrhea).
Effect of a soluble fiber (guar gum) added to a
The lactobacillus and bifidus strains found in
PaleoFiber have excellent survival at room temperature.
Guar Gum greatly reduces Glycemic Load of a Meal
See Fig 1, which shows that adding a soluble fiber to meal of sig-
nificant carbohydrate content can lower the plasma glucose
response for the three hours after the meal.
The addition of soluble and insoluble fiber can modulate many
of the physiological responses to meals in a positive way:
• lowered insulin response and triglyceride synthesis
• lowered fat and cholesterol absorption
Time (min) after meal ingestion
• increased satiety and less chance of hypoglycemic events
Soluble Fibers in PaleoFiber include:
guar gum, acacia gum, fruit & vegetable pectins, inulin, psyllium seed and konjac
Insoluble Fibers found in PaleoFiber include:
cellulose (from carrot fiber and psyllium husk) and lignins (such as flax and
Fiber supports appetite reduction:
Fiber increases intestinal bulk, slows down stomach emptying and slows transit time of
food through the GI tract. All of this contributes to appetite reduction and insoluble fiber may stimulate receptors on the
stomach/intestinal wall by increasing CCK (the satiety neurotransmitter) or reducing ghrelin (a hunger hormone).
Fiber supports fat loss:
Fiber supports fat loss by reducing appetite, calories absorbed, and the insulin response. One study
reported that 14g/day of fiber added to an unrestricted diet was associated with an average body weight loss of 4 lbs during four
Fiber supports lowering of glucose and insulin:
Soluble fiber slows stomach emptying and the passage of food in the upper
part of the intestine. Consequently, both the total amount of glucose and the rate at which it is absorbed is lowered. Since
insulin response is proportional to the rate at which glucose appears in the bloodstream, average insulin levels and total insulin
output are lowered by fiber consumption. Apple pectin has been heavily studied for its ability to slow down gastric emptying
(great for people who are hungry all the time), aid weight loss, reduce LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, and even diminish
post-prandial insulin needs in insulin dependent diabetics.17
Fiber supports cholesterol and triglyceride reduction:
Soluble fiber binds fatty acids, cholesterol and bile acids and prevents
their absorption or reabsorption during circulation. Soluble fiber increases bile acid synthesis creating an avenue for cholesterol
excretion. Since insulin stimulates cholesterol and triglyceride synthesis, lowering insulin through fiber may lower blood lipids.
It may be wise to consume PaleoFiber with meals that contain cholesterol such as dinner.
Fiber and cholesterol-lowering medications:
Fiber may have a supplementary effect on the cholesterol lowering effects of
statins. One study found that a combination of lovastatin and 20g/day of guar gum lowered total cholesterol by 44%, while
lovastatin alone only lowered it by 34%.
Fiber supports gastrointestinal health:
Soluble fibers can be converted by friendly intestinal bacteria to short-chain fatty acids
(SCFA), which can nourish the intestinal cells and help maintain proper colon pH, with reduces growth of pathogenic bacteria.
Fiber helps cleanse the colon of toxins and impurities as well, which may reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Everyone can benefit from PaleoFiber:
The RDA of fiber is 25-30g/day, but because the modern diet is deficient in fiber as
well as fruits and vegetables most Americans only average about 15g per day. One teaspoon of PaleoFiber provides 8.4 grams of
fiber - 60% soluble and 40% insoluble. Add PaleoFiber to your daily diet to ensure adequate fiber intake.
How to take PaleoFiber:
For both the berry flavor and unflavored, use 5 grams (approximately 2 teaspoons) in water with
lunch or dinner. Benefits are greatest when taken with meals that contain starchy carbohydrates and/or cholesterol. Prevent gas
and bloating by increasing doses slowly, allowing the body time to adjust to higher doses of fiber. Do not take fiber at the same
time as any prescription medication, especially fat soluble ones like HRT as it may reduce the absorption. It is not ideal to take
PaleoFiber at the same time as your supplements.
References1. Talbot JM. Role of dietary fiber in diverticular disease and colon cancer. Fed Proc. 1981 Jul;40(9):2337-422. Prosky L. When is dietary fiber considered a functional food? Biofactors. 2000;12(1-4):289-97.
3. Anderson JW. Dietary fiber prevents carbohydrate-induced hypertriglyceridemia. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2000 Nov;2(6):536-41.
4. Chu WW, Hanson PG. Dietary fiber and coronary artery disease. WMJ. 2000 Oct;99(7):32-6.
5. Klurfeld DM. Dietary fiber-mediated mechanisms in carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 1992 Apr 1;52(7 Suppl):2055s-2059s.
6. Howarth NC, Saltzman E. Dietary fiber and weight regulation. Nutr Rev. 2001 May;59(5):129-39.
7. Vuorinen-Markkola H, Sinisalo M. Guar gum in insulin-dependent diabetes: effects on glycemic control and serum lipoproteins. Am J Clin Nutr. 1992 Dec;56(6):1056-60.
8. He J, Streiffer RH . Effect of dietary fiber intake on blood pressure: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Hypertens. 2004 Jan;22(1):73-80.
9. Ross JK, Pusateri DJ Dietary and hormonal evaluation of men at different risks for prostate cancer. Am J Clin Nutr. 1990 Mar;51(3):365-70.
10. Tariq N, Jenkins DJ .Effect of soluble and insoluble fiber diets on serum prostate specific antigen in men. J Urol. 2000 Jan;163(1):114-8.
11. Galvez J, Rodriguez-Cabezas ME .Effects of dietary fiber on inflammatory bowel disease. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2005 Apr 19 12. Isolauri E, Su¨ tas Y. Probiotics: effects on immunity. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001;73:444S- 450S.
13. Uusitupa MI, Miettinen TA. Lathosterol and other noncholesterol sterols during treatment of hypercholesterolemia with lovastatin alone and with cholestyramine or guar gum. Arterioscler
14. Dukas L, Willett WC .Association between physical activity, fiber intake, and other lifestyle variables and constipation in a study of women. Am J Gastroenterol. 2003 Aug;98(8):1790-6.
15. Trepel F. Dietary fibre: more than a matter of dietetics. II. Preventative and therapeutic uses. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2004 Aug 31;116(15-16):511-22.
16. King DE. Dietary fiber, inflammation, and cardiovascular disease. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2005 May 917. Poynard T, Slama G, Tchobroutsky G. Reduction of post-prandial insulin needs by pectin as assessed by the artificial pancreas in insulin-dependent diabetics. Diabete Metab. 1982 Sep;8(3):187-9
To contact Designs for Health, please call us at (800) 847-8302, or visit us on the web at www.designsforhealth.com
News 13-2008 New Carsystem Product We have replaced the products KR Flexi and KR Rigid by new 2 comp. PU adhesives. These adhesives are called CS - Power Mix . The properties of the new 2 comp. adhesives are significantly improved compared to the previous ones so that CS – Power Mix is a competitive product for this market. CS – Power Mix is available in two colours: blac
the media, our parents, the way we were brought up, society, bad luck or Feeling guilty, they say, is bad for us. It lowers self esteem. Who does it any more? We have finally reached the age Shelley dreamed of in his poem Prometheus Unbound. We are ―free from guilt or pain.‖ All of which makes it difficult to understand - except as some relic of the past - what Jews throughout the world