Ear, nose & throat specialtycare
ASU Pre-Test ENG/VNG Patient Instructions
Electronystagmography (ENG)/Videonystagmography (VNG):
An ENG or VNG has been ordered by your physician to help determine the cause of your dizziness or balance problem. The procedure is painless, and will last 60-90 minutes. During the test, eye movements will be recorded while you follow lights and lay in different positions, and while warm and cool water are introduced into each ear canal. Recordings will either be made with electrodes which are placed on the face with tape (ENG), or by infrared goggles (VNG).
So we can obtain accurate results, we ask that you please review the following instructions carefully:
1. Try to get a full-night’s sleep before the test.
2. Wear comfortable clothing (preferably slacks) that allow you to move easily.
3. Do not wear any makeup, including mascara, eye liner, or face lotions. These products might
interfere with the recordings. You will be given the opportunity to apply makeup after the testing is completed.
4. If you wear glasses, please bring them. If you normally wear contact lenses, please bring both your
glasses and contacts. (We may need to ask you to remove your contacts for the testing)
5. Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 48 hours before the test.
6. Medications greatly influence the test results. For 48 hours (2 days) prior to your test
, do NOT
take any of the following medications as they will affect the test results:
• Antihistamines/Decongestants/Cold Pills: (Dimetapp, Benadryl, Triaminic, Claritin etc., or other over the counter cold medication)
• Sedatives/Sleeping Pills: (Halcion, Restoril etc., or any other sleeping pill)
• Tranquilizers: (Valium, Librium, Atarax, Serax etc.)
• Pain relievers/Analgesics/Narcotics: (Asprin, Codeine, Demerol, Percocet etc.)
• Stimulants, Amphetamines or any Appetite Suppressants • Anti-nausea/Anti-dizziness medication: (Antivert, Meclizine, Dramamine, Diuretics, etc.)
• Alcohol: (Beer, Wine, Cough Medication etc.)
7. Vital medications SHOULD NOT
be stopped. Continue to take medications for heart
, birth control
, and diabetes
. If you are unsure
about discontinuing a particular medication, please call your physician to determine if it is medically
safe for you to be without them for 48 hours.
8. Do not drink coffee, tea, cola, or other caffeinated beverages for 48 hours prior to the test.
9. Do not eat or drink for 4 hours
prior to your test. If you are diabetic or prone to lightheadedness, you
may have a small, light meal or glass of juice.
10. Bring someone with you. The test may leave you with a short-lived feeling of imbalance, and it is
helpful to have someone else drive you to and from the test. If you have any questions about the test, or about these instructions, please call and talk to your
Physician or Audiologist as soon as possible.
CÂMARA MUNICIPAL DE SÃO JOÃO DA BARRA CONCURSO PÚBLICO PARA PROVIMENTO DE VAGAS NOS CARGOS PÚBLICOS DE NÍVEL MÉDIO E SUPERIOR EDITAL Nº 01/2010 A Câmara Municipal de São João da Barra, no uso de suas atribuições, torna público que fará realizar, por intermédio da FUNDAÇÃO EUCLIDES DA CUNHA ( FEC ), de Apoio Institucional à Universidade Federal Flumi
Gespräch zur Kunst im öffentlichen Raum “Vulnerability and Resistance The Public Dis / Appearance of Bodies” Vorträge und Diskussion zum Themenkomplex “Doing Art in the Public Realm“ am Donnerstag, den 30. Jänner 2014, 16.00 Uhr im Kunstraum Niederoesterreich konzipiert, kuratiert und moderiert von Elke Krasny mit Khan Adalat, Clifford Erinmwionghae, Mari